Two to Travel Begins a New Chapter

Friday, 1 March 2019
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Temps: 51F (11C) / 23F (-5C)

Some might say that this new chapter in our lives began on 16 July 2018 … when we decided to settle in Colorado and went to contract on a new build in Colorado Springs.  That’s one way of looking at it.

The day we went to contract ... a happy day!

I’m not going to go back that far.  Instead, I’m going to use the date we moved into our stix & brix home — 1 March 2019 — as the beginning of this new chapter in our lives … one that will be semi-nomadic from this point forward.

Our home was built in our absence through last summer and fall and into winter of this year.  We arrived in the Springs mid-January, just ahead of a snowstorm.  The weeks until closing were filled with things we had to do to get ready for the move … with some fun interspersed amid the chores.  Rather than reiterate the story, I’ll just link to the post that closes out our Phaeton Journeys.

USAFA Peregrine Pines Campground

Six weeks of winter camping at USAFA’s Peregrine Pines Famcamp precedes our
move … and gives us a better appreciation for having a stix & brix when
our surroundings are in winter-wonderland mode.

Now that I am down to one blog, I am going to attempt to keep it up to speed.  We still plan to travel quite a bit.  And there is a lot to do to settle into our new home … whoever said it’s easier to do so when you have little to no furnishings knows not what they speak of IMHO.  So we’ll see if my attempt at continuing to write is successful or if these other “demands” on my time are going to leave me hanging.  Maybe — just maybe — I can keep the blog afloat if I keep my posts simpler this time ;-)

Antelope in the Arroyo

Welcoming Committee!
Just in time for breakfast … following our first sleep in the new house.

Time to get back to work.  Should I mop the floors?  Or should I do some online shopping to furnish the house?  Hmmm ;-)

© 2004-2019 Two to Travel.  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED by ERIN ERKUN.

6 comments:

  1. Nice move. You got a great picture of the pronghorns. Not often that you can get them standing still. Happy House Warming. Know you will enjoy that area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having been to Colorado Springs, I'd say you made a great choice to start new roots. But I hope you were safe from the recent severe weather just recently.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were safe from the recent bombogenesis ... that's to say no damage to house and we didn't lose power. Others did not fare as well.

      Delete
  3. Erin, I enjoy reading your travel posts and was happy to see that you're back in the blogging world! Congratulations on this exciting new chapter, and best wishes in your new home.

    ReplyDelete