Friday, 4 September 2015
Rome, Italy
Temps: HI 86F (30C) / Lo 70F (21C)
Our sightseeing started at 3:00p today with a metro ride to the Vatican where we were hoping to visit Saint Peter’s Basilica before our 7:00p visit to the museum. That part of our plans didn’t work out as the line to get into the church was very, very … and I mean, very long. With time on our hands, we walked around a bit, went to check out Castel Sant’Angelo, and then slowly wandered back to the Vatican Museum for our appointed entry time. WOW! That’s all I can say about the museum at this time … I need time to process the overwhelming experience.
St Peter’s Basilica and Square
Castel and Ponte Sant’Angelo
One of the many awesome ceilings in the many rooms of the Vatican Museum.
In case you can’t tell … this postcard is faked ;-)
Tomorrow we will return to the Vatican.
© 2004-2015 Two to Travel. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED by ERIN ERKUN.



What a wonderful experience, for sure.
ReplyDeleteOh my. They have made St. Peter's Square look like Disneyland to control the crowds. Wow. That is something to see.
ReplyDeleteIsn't Ponte Sant'Angelo stunning? I love that bridge :)
The night visit was genius!
...p.s.
ReplyDeleteMy Main-Man Hadrian built that bridge. Can you tell he's my fav Emperor? ;))
I like Hadrian too ... he did many good things in his time.
ReplyDeleteJUst the history of the Sistine Chapel is enough to make it amazing, but you spend days just looking up:)
ReplyDeleteOh...as you can tell, I am reading backwards, and now I see that you made it into the Sistine Chapel. Breathtaking. oh my.
ReplyDeleteIt was ... too bad photography is not allowed. I picked up a few postcards, but have to scan them before I can share them.
ReplyDelete