Thursday, 19 August: Part I
When we anchored in Kukak Bay yesterday, we had to do so a considerable distance from shore since it was low tide. Our ride to the beach, therefore, was longer than usual — not that we minded.
This morning, we woke up around 6:00a to the sound of the Single Star’s engines; Lee was repositioning the boat closer to shore. While he did that, we sat down to breakfast. Soon though there was something happening outside that had me scrambling topside with my camera. Yes, there were bears already on the beach, but my attention wasn’t on them … it was on the gorgeous sunrise that was bathing the scenery in pinks and lavenders, and purples and reds, and every hue in between.
Kukak Bay — 6:43a
Each setting of the camera, each turn of the zoom ring on the lens, each direction in which I looked … the colors changed. Some deeper; some brighter. The clouds looked like they were on fire astern of us; there was the hint of a rainbow in the brighter skies ahead of us. Then came the warm glow of the golden sunlight. Oh my!
Honest, I only meant to take a photo or two, but I simply couldn’t help myself; I kept clicking the shutter until all hint of color was gone.
Kukak Bay — 6:45a
Kukak Bay — 6:46a
Kukak Bay — 6:48a
Kukak Bay — 6:54a
Kukak Bay — 7:00a
Kukak Bay — 7:06a
Kukak Bay — 7:54a
all hint of color is gone … the spectacle is over.
With a spectacle like this to start our day, how could we miss … we put the cameras away and went inside to prepare for our morning with the bears.
Bir Kaz Dağı seyahatinde ben de sabah erkenden kalkıp gün doğumunu izlemistim...güneş görünene kadarki süre içinde gördüğüm renk cümbüşü muhteşemdi...senin fotolar da aynen öyle muhteşem. -- Sis
ReplyDeleteTranslation for Sis's Comment: "On a trip to Kaz Dağı I got up early one morning to watch the sunrise. The revelry of color I saw until the sun came out was magnificent ... your photos are equally magnificent."
ReplyDelete