St Thomas: Panorama

Thursday, December 16

Still working on the post for our next port of call.  In the meantime …

My Canon G-10 camera has a “stitch-assist” feature that allows me to take a series of overlapping photographs to create a panoramic image.  When the sun came out and the colors started to pop, I used the feature to take a few photographs from the Promenade Deck of the Grand Princess before we sailed away from Havensight.

The panorama below was created by stitching together a series of four portrait shots with the software that comes bundled with Canon cameras.  It’s not a “technically perfect” shot, but it does provide a wider glimpse of the harbor … hope you like it.

Charlotte Amalie from across St Thomas Harbor

Next Up … Santo Domingo: Ciudad Primada de América

1 comment:

  1. nice panoramic shot, Erin..me?..I take shots in sequence and then use a program I found on line called autostitch..that is where my panoramic shots come from..one day I will have a camera that has that program..or maybe a wide angle lense would help!!

    ReplyDelete