Wednesday, 1 December
Several weeks ago, I came home to a surprise. There was a tube mailer propped up against the garage door. I hadn’t ordered anything; nor had Mui (not to my knowledge, at least), so what could it be?
Imagine my delight when I opened the tube to find a canvas print of the Hallo Bay bear that we had dubbed “Arthritis Bear” because he seemed to have some difficulty walking.
Welcome to Virginia Arthritis Bear!
The print is a thank you from Captain Lee of the Single Star. Shortly after we returned from our bear viewing trip on the Single Star, Lee had asked if he could use some of my photographs for promotional purposes. It was my pleasure to share my images and I told him to take his pick; Arthritis Bear made the cut.
From my desk, I get to see Arthritis Bear all day.
There was no question in my mind that I’d be framing the print. Where to hang it was the dilemma. In the end, I decided to take it to my office at work so I could visit with Arthritis Bear all day long! Considering the long hours I’ve been putting in recently, I’m glad he’s been there to keep me company.
Photo op with my buddy!
Lee has a 120 x 96 inch (3 x 2½ meter) print of the photograph for the Single Star booth. Arthritis Bear has already been to one travel show; I understand he was very popular with the kids. Next, he’ll be traveling to London, England.
Not every bear can say that he’s an international traveler!
nice picture!..what a special momento!!
ReplyDeleteVery cool!
ReplyDeleteNicely done photography and framing, and even better with your autograph on it! :)
ReplyDeleteAwww... how sweet of him to make you a print! Funny... it really is an outstanding picture if you don't know the poor old bear is miserable. I see it with new eyes. Mr A-Bear will be great company in the office and a reminder to use it before you lose it ;-) ... MBZ
ReplyDeleteÇok güzel bir jest olmuş ama fotoyu çekenin de gözüne eline sağlık. -- SIS
ReplyDeleteTranslation for Sis's Comment: "That was a nice gesture, but the photographer deserves kudos too; health to her eyes and hands."
ReplyDelete