Wednesday, 19 November 2014
En Route to Houston, Texas
Temps: Hi 70F (21C) / Lo 53F (12C)
Four months. That’s how long it’s been since we completed our summer overseas travels. As regular readers of this blog, you might find it hard to believe that we’ve been home that long — after all, until a few weeks ago, you were still reading the catch-up posts for that trip! And here I am starting to write about a new adventure — one that will last four months, give or take a few days!
Our summer travels kept us in the northern hemisphere. We started at a fairly low latitude with our annual trip to Turkey (family visit); then moved a bit higher to Helsinki, Finland; and capped things off at the North Pole — about as far north as you can go without leaving this planet ;-).
(If you haven’t read those stories, and would like to do so, check out the May-July 2014 archives in the sidebar.)
Our winter travel adventures will be taking us in the opposite direction — to the southern hemisphere. It will be summer down there. But that doesn’t mean we will have summer-like temperatures for the duration of our trip. No sirreeeee! Some of the places we will be visiting are so far south that we expect to break out our polar gear again to stay warm ;-)
Enough teasing … here’s the big reveal of our plans … in picture form.
Tomorrow is officially the first day of our trip … see you then!
Really had to study that map to get the whole picture. What a fabulous combination of wonderful times, with Caribbean white sands and blue water and Arctic white and blue ice. Oh my. and of course New Zealand, as only my two most favorite travelers will see it. I really am not envious...most of the time...really. not. but maybe a little bit this time. After all, I am home in Rocky Point doing home things that I love....but I am also of a split personality and would love to be following you around the world.
ReplyDeleteA round planet does not lend it self to easily mapping an adventure that will eventually take us to the other side of Earth! LOL!
DeleteYou DO get around - have a nice trip!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait! Especially for NZ. We've been twice - last time spent entirely on south island. I look forward to your take!
ReplyDeleteWe've never been to most of those places. Also looking forward to the New Zealand updates.
ReplyDeletewww.travelwithkevinandruth.com
I am so excited! What a fabulous itinerary. Love New Zealand. We did a caravan drive of both islands years ago.
ReplyDeleteWe were looking at a campervan drive, but with us being there during their summer, the cost was prohibitive for a six week rental... so a sedan and hotels are going to have to do it for us.
DeleteThis looks like another superb journey ... a four-month-long adventure! Wow! As you know, Jimmy and I have been to some of these places, but I will be very interested in hearing about New Zealand, as that's on our wish list for 2015. You two must like to bundle up in polar fleece! I'm sure you will enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is WOW!! Sounds like quite an adventure. Three cruises should be interesting! Have a wonderful time. Can't wait to read how it goes.
ReplyDeleteWe certainly shouldn't be bored with all the different ports of call and the varied experiences that await us ;-)
DeleteAnother great adventure! Looking forward to vicariously joining the journey:)
ReplyDelete